Meditation as Taught by the Masters in the Himalayan Tradition.
Transform yourself with mindfulness in living, harmony in relationships, and balance in life through simple meditation techniques. You will learn relaxation, meditative posture, breathing and how to establish a meditation practice. Each session includes guided meditation.
Meditation Level I class is recommended for those who are new to meditation, or those who wish to learn meditation systematically.
Meditation Level II class is recommended for those who have already taken the Meditation I class and have been meditating regularly. The Level II class teaches next level pranayama (breathing) practices, as well as intermediate level meditation practices to deepen one's meditative state.
Web registration discount - 10% ($108.00 / Indv), Group registration discount - 20% ($96.00 / Indv).
FREE Military/Veteran registration (see note #5 below for code to use)
|Thursdays||6:00 - 7:15 pm||1/9 - 2/13
|Intro Level I||Register||Anil Saigal||$120*|
|Saturdays||10:30 - 11:45 am||Contact Pavel
|Intro Level I||← Contact Pavel
* Fee Discounts: Web registration – 10% ($108/indv) ● Group Web registration – 20% ($96/indv) ● See website for FREE Military registration
- Meditation classes are six sessions long. Each session covers a different component of meditation practice.
- The course cost includes all six sessions. Punch passes are for hatha sessions only, and are not applicable towards meditation classes.
- For attending Saturday meditation class, please Contact Pavel via his contact page for dates before registration and payment.
- It is suggested that students wear comfortable, light, and loose fitting clothing to the meditation class. Those who wish to use their own meditation cushion are encouraged to bring it with them.
- Military member discount is available to military and veteran ID holders only. Use coupon code "MEDITATION4MILITARY" during registration payment process for FREE registration (web registration is required). Please bring your current military ID on the first day of the class. For more details please click here.
Benefits of Meditation include:
- stress (physiological response to stressful events)
- anxiety level
- negative emotions such as anger and frustration.
- Slowing down of heart and respiratory rates
- Reduction in and slowing down of random thoughts
- Expanded self-awareness
- body awareness
- body alignment
- concentration and productivity
- clarity of purpose
- sense of peacefulness
- joyfulness and mental cheer
- compassion toward others
- lymphatic movement, therby improving immunity
- Spiritual growth
- Eliminates toxins from organs
- Moves fluids through joints increasing their flexibility<
- Calms the nervous system
- There is growing evidence that meditation causes reconstruction and rejuvenation of neurons in brain as well as the buildup of protective tissue (called telomeres) which binds and protects the ends of DNA structures, thereby reducing the effects of aging.
There is growing scientific evidence relating meditation to various phsychological and physiological benefits. Practicing meditation is shown to reduce chronic stress, and benefit medical conditions including hypertension, chronic pain, insomnia, chronic fatigue syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, menopausal symptoms, hot flashes, and seizures.
Please DO NOT adjust or stop your medications upon undertaking meditation without consulting your physician. You should first systematically establish a consistent practice of meditation, and wait for the symptoms to improve before seeking treatment adjustments.