Requirements for Advanced Teacher Certification:
- Completed 200 hour certification program from HYMC. (Students with 200 hour program from another YA registered yoga school can qualify by completing HYMC’s Bridge Program consisting of completing the TTP200 modules on Yoga Philosophy, Pranayama, and Anatomy/Physiology)
- Complete 132 contact hours of workshops and practicums through the Himalayan Yoga & Meditation Center on the following topics:
Advanced yoga classes for TTP300 students
Participate in yoga intensives or classes where you critique or are critiqued by the teacher.
Demonstrate or correct student postures at the 200 Hour Certification Program.
Give a presentation of a yoga related subject at a Teachers Association meeting.
- Complete 32 contact hours:
Attend a minimum of two HYMTA annual retreats (32 contact hours)
Students can attend three retreats and earn up to add’l 16 contact hrs
- Complete 90 contact hours:
Completion of Meditation level 1 (7.5 hr) and 2 (7.5 hr) classes at HYMC are required.
Take Hatha yoga classes at HYMC on a weekly basis with a primary teacher training instructor.
Attend monthly “Tradition Speaks” video review sessions on first Sunday of each month.
- Complete 5 contact hours:
Teaching yoga w/teacher feedback on Sadhaka Sundays (5 hr)
- Complete 15 contact hours as follows:
Monthly Sunday scripture study group (1.5 hr each)
Quarterly HYMTA meetings (3 hr each)
- Complete and submit for review, a3 months meditation journal (8 non-contact hours)
- Complete and submit for review, a1 month food journal (8 non-contact hours)
- Complete 10 non-contact hours:
Our founder, Sri Swami Rama, spoke of the importance of doing seva (selfless service) for one’s spiritual progress. HYMC is a non-profit organization that relies on its members for support by freely giving their time at the center. We felt that this should be an important part of the teachers training program. Therefore, sometime during the three years you will be required to fulfill your seva to the Himalayan Lineage by giving 10 hours of your time. Please see the director for projects to complete the hours.
- Complete and pass a take home test.
- Pass a written on-site test covering the curriculum.
- Pass board evaluation
Be initiated into Himalayan Tradition and receive a personal mantra, unless the student has already been initiated during TTP200 program.
The program registration fee is $500 plus the cost of required books and the classes, workshops and lectures. The registration fee pays for:
- Record keeping
- Exams and board review
- A mentor to work with you as you complete your program.
If preferred, the fee can be paid in two installments of $250 each, first one at the program start, and the second one within 6 months of starting program.
You have up to three years to complete this course of study. This program will qualify you for Yoga Alliance’s RYT 300 registration.
New students can enroll in March or October of each year to register in the HYMC TTP300 program.
For an application, please contact HYMC at 847-221-5250 847-221-5250.